EMPLOYMENT POSTING: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER POSITION
The Arc of Putnam County is an organization founded in 1974 by a group of parents seeking better lives and more opportunities for their children with intellectual and developmental disabilities. These concerned parents and advocates, along with others from across the country, set in motion national and state legislation and funding to address the needs for community-based services. Today, The Arc of Putnam County provides advocacy, individually tailored living environments, meaningful day activities, work training, employment services and support to individuals with various abilities.
Mission – Any community is enriched when each of its members participates and contributes fully, when all persons are equally valued for their diversity and individuality, and when opportunities for personal growth and fulfillment are available to all. The Arc of Putnam County is committed to providing a community-based support system, which enables individuals of differing abilities to live in such a community.
The Arc of Putnam County is searching for a leader with a drive for excellence and forward-thinking vision to guide our organization into the future. The Executive Director will be responsible for the following:
Board of Directors and Community Relations
- Communicates with Board of Directors and keeps the Board President and Board of Directors fully informed as to the condition of the organization.
- Serves as the liaison to national, state, regional and local organizations.
- Establishes relationships with legislators and key individuals to promote and advocate for funding and policies.
- Develops relationships with individual and institutional donors and demonstrates their gifts are used well.
- Serves as spokesperson for the organization.
Leadership and Management
- Engages, organizes and motivates employees at all levels.
- Oversees the development of and effective management of an annual organizational budget.
- Promotes programmatic excellence by using metrics to track both financial and overall effectiveness.
- Advocates for individuals with intellectual or developmental differences.
- Maintains deep understanding of priorities, changes and requirements of key funding sources
- Understands participant, staff and regulator needs
- Previous experience with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university required, advanced degree preferred.
- Five or more years of leadership experience preferably in nonprofit services.
- Experience should include financial management responsibilities including ability to read/interpret financial statements
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Health care coverage
- 403b retirement plan with company match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days accrue based on years of service
Diversity Equity and Inclusion
The Arc of Putnam County is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures on behalf of any employee or job applicant to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions and other conditions of employment on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
How to Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please send a letter of interest and resume to
Direct Support Professional
Applicants must be…
At least 21 yrs. old
Able to pass a FDLE and Children and Families criminal background check.
The Arc of Putnam County, Inc. is a drug free workplace and as such, all applicants are required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
A pre-employment physical will be required with applicants certified as being in good general health and free from communicable disease (payable by applicant).
Applicants for any position that requires driving as a job duty must present a clean Motor Vehicle Record report (available from the courthouse) and a Florida Class E driver’s license.
Proof of valid insurance and vehicle registration is required.
Position Title: Community Residential Facilitator (CRF1)